In the previous post I posted a book title game where I changed some well known novel titles with some truly awful alternatives and readers had to match the titles. Thankyou everyone for your patience in waiting for the answers as I took a little break over Easter.
The much anticipated answers are:
- Did he, or didn’t he do it? – F. Gone Girl
- A Very Unusual Cake – D. The Help
- Here Piggy, Piggy – A. Charlotte’s Web
- Colour Coded People – C. Divergent
- A Spoilt Girl Learns a Lesson -Almost – B. Gone With the Wind
- Nerds Rule – E. The Rosie Project
- Marry My Daughters – H. Pride and Prejudice
- The Very Ordinary Nick Carraway -G. The Great Gatsby
Hope you had fun and maybe this has inspired you to take a look at some books you may not have previously.
Some of the most famous book titles almost never made it to print. Here’s a look at some classic novels and what they were going to be called.
George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four was originally titled The Last Man in Europe.
Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird was originally titled simply Atticus.
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice was originally titled First Impressions.
Ernest Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises was originally titled Fiesta.
Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace was originally titled All’s Well That Ends Well.
William Golding’s Lord of the Flies was originally titled Strangers From Within.
After looking at these I decided to create my own list. (This is what happens when the television networks take my favourite shows off air, without any notice.) I thought I’d have some fun and create a game with some truly awful alternative names to some famous books. See if you can guess which title belongs to which book. The answers are below just match the number with the letter. I’ll give you the answer to the first one to start . 1 – F
- Did he, or didn’t he do it?
- A Very Unusual Cake
- Here Piggy, Piggy
- Colour Coded People
- A Spoilt Girl Learns a Lesson- Almost
- Nerds Rule
- Marry My Daughters
- The Very Ordinary Nick Carraway
A. Charlottes Web, B. Gone With the Wind, C. Divergent, D. The Help, E. The Rosie Project, F. Gone Girl, G. The Great Gatsby, H. Pride And Prejudice